November 09, 2008

The in law visit

It went well...we pulled off the surprise amazingly. W insists he had no clue, but I was starting to think maybe he did, but who knows. Bubba was so shocked. The party went off great, a bunch of the neighbor girls came over, my mom and Aidan showed and Bubba got spoiled rotten. Tons of new toys and clothes.

We are planning a trip to PA the week after Thanksgiving, for hunting. For the first time since I was a kid, I'll be hunting this year. Look out deer in Greene County, Beachgal is gunning for ya, hoping to fill my freezer. Also, since I can only stay a week, and W likes to spend two weeks, we shopped around and booked me a plane ticket back for 75 bucks. It's flying into Charleston, which isn't too far, and my mom will be able to pick me up. The best part is that I only have to endure the drive UP to PA instead of up and back. That is totally worth the 75 bucks, I tell ya. Bubba will spend the extra week with Grammy and the rest of W's family, and I will have a week home alone, which will be glorious!!!

Watched a fabulous episode of Crossroads on CMT, featuring Def Leppard and Taylor Swift. First, Joe Elliott is still hot, second he sounds fantastic singing country music. Since it was on the DVR, I plan on watching it again, it was that good. Missy, I highly recommend that you catch it if you haven't already.

Ok, well, I'm at the station, for the second to last race of the year, and I'm also flipping over and watching the Steelers game. As of now, it's halftime and they are winning.

Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBA. We've told you all day that it's your LAST day ever as a four year old and you are so excited for tomorrow. We love you very much and I look forward to what life with a five year old brings.

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I loved crossroads. Awesome!!! Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you have a good time filling your freezer =) Flying back for 75 bucks sounds like fun. Great price. Also glad to hear that Bubba's b-day went well.